Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 is Here!
We are excited about the release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 which was made available on December 1st. Dynamics GP 2018 enhances both the core application and user experience with several new features and functions. In this article we would like to share with you some of the highlights we have found as we begin to explore this new release.
Dynamics GP 2018 – What’s New?
- The availability of Document Attachments has been broadened with this release. Document attachment has been added to General Ledger Transaction Entry, Receivables Transaction Entry and the Asset General Information windows.
- New Workflows have been added for general ledger accounts, purchase receiving transactions and purchasing invoices.
- You can now notify users with Reminder Emails if they haven’t reacted to their assigned workflow task within the specified time frame by setting a reminder time period on the workflow.
Figure 1 – New workflows and reminders
- Copy Workflow Step makes workflow setups easier and more efficient. The Copy Workflow Step enhancement enables you to copy steps within a workflow, rename the step and optionally include substeps to a workflow when copying.
- A new Workflow History Report has been added. This report can be filtered by workflow type, workflow approvers, workflow status, and by the approval date. The option to include workflow comments on the report is also available.
Figure 2 – New workflow report
- Print a single statement from Customer Maintenance & Customer Inquiry window, for that customer. The statement will use the statement format that’s assigned in the Receivables Setup window.
Figure 3 – Customer statement
- When a purchase order is created from a requisition, the PO information is displayed on the requisition list so that the requisition originator can be aware that the items on the requisition have been ordered. The enhancement also displays the PO Number on the Procurement role center.
Figure 4 – Requisition list
- Save select payment settings is an option that allows you to save the settings used to build a payments batch using the Payment Option ID field in the Build Payment Batch window.
Figure 5 – Build payment batch
- Several enhancements have been made to the Web Client including one click navigation to SmartList via a shortcut and the inclusion of Auto-Complete as has been available in the windows client.
Want to know more about Dynamics GP 2018?
Contact DXC Eclipse at email@example.com